Wednesday, March 4, 2009

All A-Twitter

This morning I signed up for Twitter. For those who don't know, Twitter is a service where you can register, and then post little updates about things throughout the day (where you are at any given moment, what you're thinking about, etc.) Then, anyone who cares and is following you, receives a text message with your update, or they can go to the Twitter website and read it. Now, I can "tweet" all day and all night long. That's really what it's called. . . tweeting! It's a verb that means to post something on Twitter. Now, I'll be tweeting to the gym, tweeting home from work, and tweeting in the grocery store, which I'm pretty sure is against the law in most states, by the way.

Here's the thing: I would like to say that I did this for ministry purposes. I would like to say that I did this so I could "connect with old friends" (even though that rationale has been more than worn out by every Facebook user!), but I didn't. I did it because folks were talking about it last night at dinner, and I had some free time on my hands this morning. The problem is, the free time I had this morning to sign up for this thing is now almost a requirement so I can keep it updated! The list of things I've caved on recently is frightening, and already some of my friends are saying that (gulp) Facebook is next. I've tied the blindfold on myself and lit a cigarette so the firing squad can begin. I deserve it.

3 comments:

A said...

its inevitable . . . FB is next!!!

(i just signed up for Twitter yesterday. i thought you saw i joined from my FB status?? PS - you can link those two up as well)

JNoah said...

Who is this?

A said...

a l e x h o l t