Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Fine With Dreaming

Here's the thing a pastor friend of mine told me the other day when we were talking about some of the issues I was dealing with in my life in terms of my own sin and problems friends were having: "You know, Jason," he said, "some people say that if you're thinking about Heaven all the time you're living in a dream world. What I think is that if you're not thinking about Heaven, you're living in a dream world. People who don't long for Heaven are people who don't deal with sin in this world."

I think that's a pretty good perspective. How can you not walk through this life, experience the pain and frustration of a fallen world, and not long for the place you were made for to begin with where you've been promised complete peace, joy, and rest. No more pain, no more frustration, everything just as it should be. If you go back and look at some of the old hymns, you notice that many of them have a line, usually the last one, referring to Heaven, longing for Christ's return. I think they might have gotten it a little more than we do. Maybe they weren't as self-assured as I am. Maybe they didn't love this earth as much as I can at times. They echoed John's sentiment at the end of Revelation, "Amen, come Lord Jesus, come."

3 comments:

Julie A. said...

Come quickly, Lord Jesus!

Anne Marie said...

hey noah! chris and I just found your blog! Chris said, and I quote, "I mean, blogging was made for Jason Noah". You are such an encouraging writer. Glad you are doing well in Bham. Come visit sometime!

Anne Marie

Unknown said...

I wanna go Home...

Thanks for the encouragement and insight!

CW