Monday, December 1, 2008

Sunday School Sneak Peek

Charlie Brown: [Charlie Brown and Linus stop at a wall on their trip to the pond for ice skating] I think there must be something wrong with me, Linus. Christmas is coming, but I'm not happy. I don't feel the way I'm supposed to feel. I just don't understand Christmas, I guess. I like getting presents and sending Christmas cards and decorating trees and all that, but I'm still not happy. I always end up feeling depressed.

Ever feel like Charlie Brown this time of year? Wonder what it is about the calendar changing from November to December that tends to send you into a tailspin?

This Sunday, we're beginning a three week mini-series on being single around the holidays. During the first lesson we'll be tackling the root issue of most of our frustration, anger, and sadness at Christmas: God's sovereignty. I've titled the lesson "Sometimes Sovereignty Sucks." (Due to censorship, it might appear as "Stinks" in church e-mails.)

At any rate, I hope you'll join us for the month of December. See you in S-180 at 9:05am.

2 comments:

Lee said...

I'm laughing. Several Life Groups ago, the one we were in had a motto: "Sometimes Sanctification Sucks." We even talked about getting SSS bumper stickers. (Just the initials, though. It was our private little code.)

JNoah said...

I'm REALLY hoping they don't change it in the churchwide e-mails, but I gave them the option to. It doesn't mean the same thing for folks my age as it does for others, but. . .