Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Didn't See That Comin'

Here's the thing that's funny (interesting, not ha-ha) to me: of all the posts I've written on this blog, the one about the e-mail and text messages has gotten a lot of response from folks. Mostly that's come from people talking to me about, saying I'm too uptight (which is true), etc., but it's just amazing to me that this is the post that's struck a chord, or maybe a nerve, with folks. I'm always fascinated as to what grabs people's attention. I think the things we get worked up about, passionate about, scared about, etc. say a lot about who we are as individuals and a society or culture. I haven't totally decided what the "excitment" over this post says about us, but it is pretty interesting to me that this is the one, more than any I think I've written, that's sparked a good many comments, both on and off the blog.

No comments: