Friday, April 17, 2009

Why I Can't Get Over Susan Boyle

Unless you've been under a rock for the past week, you've probably heard about Susan Boyle. She's the woman from Scotland who taught us all a big lesson this past Saturday night on the auditions for the TV show Britain's Got Talent.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lp0IWv8QZY

Here's the thing: I've watched the clip about 40 times since I first saw it on Wednesday, and it just never gets old to me. . .because when I watch it, I see my story. See, I came out on the stage of life with nothing to offer, and almost immediately the jeers from Satan and the world starting coming in from out there in the darkness. God asks, "What are you here for?" And I respond, "To sing for you." He kind of rolls his eyes, because he's had an almost infinite number of human sinners come before him, attempting to sing songs that fall deaf on his ears. But then, I open my mouth, and out comes the unexpected: the song of grace. The song of grace and righteousness that comes from his Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, and all of a sudden, the expression on his face, much like the faces of the judges on the TV show, changes to one of thrill and excitement, because this is the song he's been waiting to hear. The jeers of Satan are drowned out with the cheers of Heaven, and the dream of Eden is once again restored. And then, at the end, when the Judge's verdict is handed down, He gives me the "biggest 'yes' imagineable" for the rest of eternity.

So, I'll keep watching Susan Boyle, and I'll keep tearing up everytime, as I watch my story play out again and again.

No comments: