Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Beg to Differ

I have no problems really, putting aside differences with fellow Christians whose theology and doctrine varies greatly from mine. As long as we hold common beliefs in some core, key issues, we may not be able to go to the same church, but we can love each other and move forward in significant ways.

But here's the thing - no offense to those who believe differently - I gotta tell you that over the past few days I've been reminded of why I'm so very thankful that the Bible teaches that my salvation, my ultimate standing before God is in no way dependent on me, my actions, what I think, or even what I'm believing in the moment. 'Cause I gotta tell you, with the way my thoughts and feelings have been in the last 36 hours or so, if I had to add to this the worry that I might be drifting farther and farther away from God, potentially to lose my salvation, it would be way too much to handle. What a blessing to serve a God who wants and commands me to pursue him with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength, but who also holds onto to me and doesn't let go in those moments, like now, when I'm absolutely don't.

No comments: