Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A Bigger Box

Next Tuesday, November 4, the citizens of the United States of America will go to the polls and vote for the person they believe will be best next president of the country. And, presumably, barring any kind of weird 2000 stuff, when you wake up on Wednesday morning (or for those like me who won't go to bed until a winner's announced!) the anchors will be telling us who we elected.

I was thinking today about next Tuesday and here's the things that popped into my head:
  • Heaven will be no different on Wednesday morning than it is today or was the day the Red Sea was parted.
  • God has already ordained who will be elected. (Notice I didn't say "allowed." I said "ordained." God is not a passive observer of the affairs of men. He is active, always bringing about his will.)
  • Depending on who wins, there will be some people who will feel a stronger need to pray for America on Wednesday than they do today, and that just seems odd to me.

The election, in fact politics in general, is very important. I think Christians should be active and involved, as a part of our Genesis 2 mandate and our desire to see every part of the world redeemed. I just hope we don't trade our theology for it.

2 comments:

John Edwards said...

Great post! I totally agree

JNoah said...

John: Thanks for posting. Great name, by the way! Any relation?